P.E. AND SPORTS PREMIUM
The purpose behind the Primary Sport Premium is for, ‘All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.’ – Youth Sport Trust, January 2015
The following are key indicators in which schools are expected to show progress:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
The spend plan and impact statements (pdf) below, describes the rationale behind our spending of the premium; amounts allocated under the premium; provision and continuous professional development paid for by the premium; intended impact.
2018/19 Swimming Outcomes
75% of our Year 6 pupils have met the expected standard (swimming a distance of 25m or more, range of strokes, water safety skills).
2017/18 – Swimming Outcomes
87% of our Year 6 pupils have met the expected standard (swimming a distance of 25m or more, range of strokes, water safety skills).